Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 16:37:10 -0500

204 
FZPN01 KWBC 062136
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 08. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N176E 992 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 
168W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N168W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF 
CENTER EXCEPT 720 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N154W 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT 780 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N143W 976 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A FRONT 
FROM 59N147W TO 55N135W TO 50N131W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S AND SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...720 NM 
SE...AND 480 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 16 FT IN NW QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N144W 1001 MB. FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 
138W AND 144W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N169E 989 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. FROM 49N TO 58N 
W OF 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N170E 990 MB. FROM 46N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 176E AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174E 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 47N159E 1006 MB. FROM 42N TO 47N 
W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N176W 1001 MB. FROM 43N TO 50N BETWEEN 
171W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N176W 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 63N164W 992 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 58N144W ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N171W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 163E AREA OF S WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.   

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 151W AND 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N144W TO 37N161W. 

.N OF 63N E OF 174W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 31N154W 1027 MB WILL MOVE NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N149W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N144W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 41N162W 1022 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N173E 1024 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N166W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 10N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 
10N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.FROM 13N TO 25N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 20N BETWEEN 105W AND 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 16N BETWEEN 
105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 25N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 
105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2045 UTC SAT NOV 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N78W TO 0988W TO 1012 MB LOW 
NEAR 08N101W TO 11N122W TO 08N140W. CLUSTER OF MODERATE 
CONVECTION NEAR 12N123.5W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ELSEWHERE.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.