Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 19:35:22 -0500

594 
ATHW40 PHFO 070035
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 07 2010

A SUBTROPICAL HIGH IS CENTERED AT 30N152W AND IS DRIVING MODERATE TO 
FRESH EASTERLY TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE MAJORITY OF THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC BASIN. SOUTH OF THE HIGH...SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS 
COVER AN AREA BETWEEN 21N TO 30N AND 133W TO 175W. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
BEING CARRIED BY THE TRADES AND MOVING WEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH. A 
NEARLY DISSIPATED NARROW BAND OF STRATUS CLOUDS FROM AN OLD FRONT 
RUNS FROM THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND EAST TO 18N146W TO 
22N130W. RADAR IS SHOWING NUMEROUS SHOWERS OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN BIG 
ISLAND AND ADJACENT WATERS AS A RESULT. SCATTERED SHOWERS COVER THE 
REMAINDER OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON. MOST OF THESE 
ARE HITTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SIDES OF THE ISLANDS...WITH SHOWERS 
OCCASIONALLY REACHING LEEWARD LOCATIONS.

VISIBLE IMAGES SHOW SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD 
WATERS EXTENDING 50 TO 150 MILES UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS WITH THE MORE DENSE CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE WESTERN WINDWARD 
WATERS. CLOUDS PUSHING ONTO WINDWARD AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF ALL OF 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. MANY OF THIS CLOUD COVER IS FLOWING OVER 
TO LEEWARD SIDES AS WELL. OVER LEEWARD WATERS...A CLUSTER OF BROKEN 
TO OVERCAST CUMULUS AND STRATUS CLOUDS COVER DOWNSTREAM OF THE 
ISLANDS TO A POINT AT 19N162W. 

ON KAUAI...SMALL BREAKS IN THE CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED JUST ON THE 
LEEWARD PART OF THE ISLAND WHILE OTHER AREAS HAVE BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CLOUDS. OAHU HAS OVERCAST CLOUDS OVER THE WHOLE ISLAND. MOLOKAI HAS 
BROKEN CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD SIDE WHILE JUST A FEW CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE REMAINDER OF THE ISLAND. LANAI HAS A BROKEN PATCH OF CLOUDS OVER 
THE SOUTHERN HALF OF THE ISLAND. MAUI HAS THICK CLOUD BUILD UPS ON 
WINDWARD WEST MAUI AND HALEAKALA SLOPES TO UP NEAR THE SUMMIT. THE 
CENTRAL INTERIOR AND FAR SOUTHEASTERN COAST HAS A FEW BREAKS THIS 
AFTERNOON. THE BIG ISLAND IS ALMOST ALL OVERCAST CLOUDS THIS 
AFTERNOON. A SMALL BREAK IN THE CLOUDS IS OBSERVED OVER THE SADDLE 
BETWEEN MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA. 

ELSEWHERE...A FEW HIGH CLOUDS ARE BOUNDED BETWEEN 11N TO 29N AND 
164W TO 173E. THESE ARE DUE TO A WEAK UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE 
CENTERED NEAR 20N178E.

FAR SOUTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED 
THUNDERSTORMS COVER AN AREA FROM 05N TO 11N AND 143W TO FAR WEST OF 
THE DATELINE WESTWARD. CLOUD TOPS WITHIN THESE THUNDERSTORMS REACH A 
HEIGHT OF 49 KFT. CIRRUS CLOUDS FROM TOPS BLOWING NORTH AWAY FROM 
THE THUNDERSTORMS IS VISIBLE ON SATELLITE BETWEEN 146W TO 156W 
EXTENDING AS FAR NORTH AS 16N.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.