Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 23:01:05 -0500

303 
FZPN01 KWBC 070400
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N179W 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 33N TO 46N BETWEEN 
165W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N166W 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 960 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N147W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...AND 900 NM SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N143W 976 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW...1200 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N145W 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...840 NM 
SE...AND 480 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 16 FT IN W QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N149W 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N170E 989 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 50N TO 
60N W OF 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N170E 989 MB. FROM 49N TO 55N 
W OF 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N179W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW...480 NM 
NE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N176E 997 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N166W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N165E 1006 MB. FROM 41N TO 47N W OF 178E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N172W 999 MB. FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 
165W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N168W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW INLAND 62N162W 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 117W AND 124W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 163E AREA OF S WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 148W AND 
167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 38N BETWEEN 153W AND 
165W. 

.N OF 63N E OF 171W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 36N152W 1024 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N147W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N145W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 31N155W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N168E 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N177E 1024 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N164W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 12N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN PRIMARILY NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 
11N102 NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 99W AND 104W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 105W 
AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 24N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 
15N BETWEEN 105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 27N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN W 
OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 115W AND S OF 14N BETWEEN 105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N E OF 120W TO THE BAJA CALIFORNIA 
COAST NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN NOV 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N78W TO 09N96W TO 09N110W TO 
11N122W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.