Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 00:00:17 -0500

963 
ATHW40 PHFO 070500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 07 2010

LOW CLOUD MOTION ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY EVENING IS FROM 
THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.  IN THIS TRADE REGIME... 
LOW CLOUDS AND ANY ACCOMPANYING SHOWERS ARE FAVORING WINDWARD AND 
MAUKA SECTIONS ON EACH ISLE.  THIS IS PARTICULARLY THE CASE ON THE 
BIG ISLAND...WHERE MOST LOCALES BELOW 10 THOUSAND FEET ARE SEEING 
LOW CEILINGS...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME...INCLUDING LEEWARD AREAS. 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO EVIDENT ON THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...MOLOKAI...LANAI...AND 
OAHU HAVE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUDINESS.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS FROM AN OLD FRONT ARE SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...AND SOME ELEMENTS ARE MAKING LANDFALL IN COASTAL AND 
UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF KAU.  THE CLOUD REMNANTS FROM THE FRONT STRETCH 
FAR TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS...BEYOND 140W.  MORE FRONTAL 
REMNANTS...EMBEDDED WITH TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS...EXIST WEST AND 
SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE...BOUNDED BY 18.5N TO 20.5N BETWEEN 157W AND 
163W.  AN AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS CURRENTLY NORTH AND NORTHEAST 
OF KAUAI...AND JUST WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND. CONDITIONS ARE 
PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

A WEAK UPPER LEVEL TROUGH FAR WEST AND NORTHWEST OF KAUAI CONTINUES 
TO GENERATE SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS.  AT THE MOMENT...MOST 
OF THE CIRRUS CLOUDINESS IS LOCATED FROM 21N TO 27N BETWEEN 164W AND 
170W...AND FROM 25N TO 29N BETWEEN 170W AND 176W.  MORE HIGH 
CLOUDS...A COMBINATION OF CONVECTIVE DEBRIS AND JET STREAM-INDUCED 
ELEMENTS...ARE SOUTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 25N173W TO 12N164W.

CONVECTION REMAINS UNORGANIZED ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
NOW FOUND FROM 07N TO 12N WEST OF 143W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.