Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 04:19:34 -0600

361 
FZPN01 KWBC 071019
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N176W 984 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM S 
AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N163W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
360 NM N SEMICIRCLE...AND 840 NM SE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N141W 990 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
41N TO 56N BETWEEN 128W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT...EXCEPT 8 TO 16 FT N OF 52N. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N142W 976 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. WITHIN 1140 NM S...660 NM 
SW...180 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 992 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 48N130W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N149W 1000 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N172E 990 MB MOVING S 05 KT. FROM 50N TO 60N W 
OF 173W...AND FROM 43N TO 50N W OF 169E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N171E 991 MB. FROM 42N TO 57N W OF 
180W...AND FROM 59N TO 62N W OF 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N179W 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 61N177W TO 
56N165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N166W 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 
540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N165W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW INLAND 63N162W 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM NW...420 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 41N125W TO 36N130W TO 33N140W 
AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 132W AREA OF 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N162E 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 43N W OF 170E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 145W AND 
160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 156W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 31N154W 1028 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N147W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 36N163W 1021 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N170E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N179E 1023 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N160W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N99W N TO NE WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N99W TO 12N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W TO 10.5N104W NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 91W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11.5N99W TO 
11N104W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 
91W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. 

.N OF 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO AND GULF OF 
FONSECA NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
11 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. ELSEWHERE W OF 111W 
AND S OF 17N BETWEEN 105W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 16N105W TO 00N105W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 28N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
LINE FROM 22N125W AND 30N117W AND S OF 20W BETWEEN 105W AND 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL HIGHEST NW 
PART.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN NOV 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...05.5N78W TO 09N111W TO 
12.5N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 109W AND 115W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 210 NM N OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 126W.  

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.