Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 04:45:17 -0600

868 
FZPN40 PHFO 071045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 26N160E MOVING E 20 KT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 26N164E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF FRONT E OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR NEW LOW 30N179W 1016 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 28N177E TO 
27N167E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 176E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 
27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 167E. 
.48 HOUR FRONT LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 
26N176W TO 27N167E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 170W.

.TROUGH FROM 25N179W TO 17N173E MOVING N 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N177W TO 27N175E MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 29N140W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA NEAR 33N162E 1007 MB. SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N W OF 166E. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 11N AND 25N E OF 160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 12N AND 23N E OF 162W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 11N173E TO 03N170W... 
EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 25N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 
12N177E TO 07N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 170W AND N OF 07N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N148W TO 07N162W TO 09N177E TO 05N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 
144W.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.