Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 06:00:25 -0600

669 
ATHW40 PHFO 071200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 07 2010

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE 
MAINLY AFFECTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS OVER THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES 
THIS EARLY MORNING.  THIS IS ESPECIALLY THE CASE ON THE BIG ISLAND...
IN EAST MAUI...OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...AND IN THE EASTERN 
HALF OF KAUAI.  LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO PREVALENT OVER LEEWARD 
SECTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA 
IN EAST MAUI.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST BETWEEN 20 AND 25 
MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...REMNANTS FROM AN OLD FRONT...EXIST 
SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THIS 
CLOUDINESS EXTENDS FAR TO THE SOUTHEAST AND EAST FROM THE ISLANDS... 
BEYOND 140W.  MORE REMNANTS ARE FARTHER WEST...AND ARE FOUND FROM 
19N TO 20.5N BETWEEN 157.5W AND 162W.  ALSO...BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS 
IS EVIDENT JUST NORTHEAST AND WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...NORTH AND 
SOUTH OF KAUAI...AND WEST OF NIIHAU.  ELSEWHERE CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR 
TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...THOUGH STABLE-LOOKING 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE AT SOME DISTANCE OUTSIDE THE 
COASTAL WATERS NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF THE ISLES.

UPPER AIR TROUGHING FAR WEST OF KAUAI IS HELPING TO IGNITE ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS 
LOCATED FROM 20N TO 25.5N BETWEEN 172W AND 179W.

THERE ARE TWO MAIN CLUSTERS OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  NEITHER IS 
SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF ORGANIZATION.  THE ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 07N 
TO 11N BETWEEN 144W AND 156.5W...AND THE MORE INTENSE CONVECTION IS 
LOCATED FROM 06.5N TO 12N WEST OF 167W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.