Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 09:47:09 -0600

371 
FZPN01 KWBC 071546
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 46N173W 978 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 
NM E AND NE...600 NM SE...420 NM SW AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 174E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N166W 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N158W 979 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. WITHIN 
360
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO
WITHIN 360 NM E AND NE...480 NM SE...600 NM W AND SW...AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N138W 993 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
42N130W TO 49N129W TO 54N140W. WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT FROM 49N 
TO 53N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM E 
AND NE OF FRONT...WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N144W.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 58N144W 983 MB MOVING W 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 
NM E AND NE...AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO
20 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N144W. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 38N132W 
TO 40N144W TO 58N164W TO THE COAST OF ALASKA WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N147W 993 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N139W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N173E 988 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE E
AFTER 24 HOURS. TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 51N171E TO 42N161E. WITHIN
120 NM E OF TROUGH S OF 48N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
ALSO WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...240 NM E AND NE OF ENTIRE
TROUGH AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 480 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N173E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 480 NM AND 720 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 360 NM AND 660 NM
E AND NE...WITHIN 780 NM S AND SE...AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 56N180W AND A 
SECOND NEW CENTER 54N168W 995 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER AND WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE OF 
FIRST CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
59N W OF 168W...WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 540 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS 
OF SECOND CENTER...AND WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N176W 1015 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N AND 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N168W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N162W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 
NM NW
SEMICIRCLE...AND 420 NM E AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 39N124W TO 34N128W TO 31N138W
N OF 30N AREA OF WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N165E 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN
171E AND 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 46N W OF 170E AREA OF E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 46N
BETWEEN 154W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 143W AND
155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 150W AND
163W.

.HIGH 31N153W 1031 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WILL BECOME NEARLY 
STATIONARY AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N143W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 37N167E 1023 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N173E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N179E 1022 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N167W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N152W 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W  N TO NE WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 15N95W TO  
13N97W  N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 
NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 14N96W TO 13N99W TO 12N103W  NE TO E WINDS 
TO 33 KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE S OF 15N FROM 90W TO 110W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N94W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W TO 10N103W  NE TO E WINDS TO 
33 KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 15N FROM 91W 
TO 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94W TO 11N99W TO 
11N104W  NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE 
S OF 15N FROM 91W TO 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N96W
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.  ELSEWHERE S OF 14N FROM 
91W TO 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL. 

.N OF 08N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO AND GULF OF 
FONSECA...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO  NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 126W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 13N TO 24N W OF 128W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 12N TO 27N W OF 128W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 120W AND S OF 
18N W OF 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN NOV 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...05N77W TO 10N120W TO 12N126W TO 
08N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 
133W.  

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.