Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:45:27 -0600

716 
FZPN40 PHFO 071645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 27N160E MOVING E 20 KT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 27N165E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF FRONT E OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW JUST N OF AREA NEAR 31N176W 1015 MB. FRONT 
FROM LOW TO 28N177E TO 26N167E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 
176E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N169W 
TO 25N175W TO 27N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 172W.

.TROUGH FROM 25N179E TO 18N172E MOVING N 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N174W TO 27N175E MOVING NE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 28N140W MOVING NE 10 KT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N 
W OF 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 
171E. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 19N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 25N E OF 
162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 
162W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N176W TO 11N173E TO 03N170W... 
EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 25N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N164W TO 
13N177E TO 07N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 170W N OF 07N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 20N TO 22N BETWEEN 162W AND 172W. 

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N149W TO 07N162W TO 09N177E TO 05N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 168W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 158W AND 
142W.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.