Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:38:15 -0600

782 
FZPN01 KWBC 072137
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN NOV 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 48N170W 976 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM
NE...480 NM SE...420 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 53N BETWEEN 153W AND
179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N163W 974 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM S
AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N152W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM E AND
NE...780 NM SE...540 NM SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40
KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N131W 998 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM NE
SEMICIRCLE...AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N137W. ELSEWHERE FROM
38N TO 54N E OF 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 59N145W 982 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE NW AFTER 24
HOURS. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS
9 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE...AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N143W.
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 36N130W TO 39N140W TO 55N158W TO THE
COAST OF ALASKA WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 998 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM
38N133W TO 60N149W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST NEAR
51N135W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 1008 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH
LOW 49N131W ABOVE. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 180W AND 167E AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT.
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N172W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW
CENTER N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE
WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW CENTER N OF 30N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N160W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND NW
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420
NM NE...600 NM S AND SE...660 NM S AND SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS
N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N173E 987 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 44N TO 48N
BETWEEN 175E AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ALSO
WITHIN 960 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND 540 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N175E 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE
AND BETWEEN 480 NM AND 600 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 64N W OF 168W WINDS 20
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N177W 996 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM
SW QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N160E 1007 MB MOVING E 25 KT. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH
LOW 57N173E ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N178W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N
TO 50N W OF 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N165W 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 32N156E 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N
W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N163E 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE
N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N166E 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N
TO 40N W OF 172E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 47N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 48N W OF 170E WINDS TO 25
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 117W AND 123W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 47N
BETWEEN 151W AND 168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 46N BETWEEN 139W AND
153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 150W AND
162W...AND FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 167E.

.HIGH 35N146W 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SE AFTER 24 
HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N138W 1028 MB.

.HIGH 31N151W 1030 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N146W ABOVE.

.HIGH 37N168E 1024 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N173E 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N179W 1022 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N162W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 32N138W ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N160E 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N176E 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 
NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N FROM 92W TO 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO  
11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE 
WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N FROM 92W TO 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO...FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA...N OF 11N E OF 92W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN NOV 07...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N83W TO 09N110W TO 12N126W TO 
08N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 
104W. SCATTERED MODERATE NEAR 10N129W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.