Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 23:00:25 -0600

909 
ATHW40 PHFO 080500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 8 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 8 2010

BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST LOW CLOUDINESS IS MAINLY AFFECTING 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES THIS EARLY 
EVENING.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...THIS IS ESPECIALLY THE CASE OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND...EAST MAUI...AND THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU.  LOW 
CEILINGS ARE ALSO PREVALENT IN UPSLOPE AND COASTAL AREAS OF KAU AND 
KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY ELSEWHERE...IGNORING HIGH CLOUDS MOVING OVER KAUAI FROM THE 
WEST AND SOUTHWEST.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST- 
NORTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

AN AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS CURRENTLY EAST AND NORTHEAST OF MAUI 
AND THE BIG ISLAND...AND IS MOVING ALONG ON THE TRADE FLOW.  THIN 
BANDS OF PLUME CLOUDS ARE OCCASIONALLY CAUSING LOW CEILINGS WEST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND...AND WEST-SOUTHWEST OF LANAI...MOLOKAI...OAHU...AND 
NIIHAU.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL WATERS...AGAIN DISCOUNTING HIGH CLOUDINESS.

A COLD FRONT FAR WEST OF KAUAI IS JUST CROSSING THE DATE LINE SOUTH 
OF 30N.  AHEAD OF THE BOUNDARY ARE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...IN THE AREA FROM 21N TO 31N BETWEEN 174W AND 179W.  
THIS CONVECTION IS BEING GENERATED BY SURFACE WIND CONVERGENCE IN 
COMBINATION WITH UPPER LEVEL TROUGHING.  THE LATEST SURFACE 
OBSERVATION FROM MIDWAY ATOLL SHOWS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...WINDS FROM 
THE SOUTH BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH...AND UNLIMITED VISIBILITY...THOUGH 
SHOWERS HAD FALLEN THERE EARLIER IN THE DAY.

UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
LOCATED FROM 06N TO 11N WEST OF 152W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.