Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:48:06 -0600

346 
FZPN01 KWBC 080947
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON NOV 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N162W 976 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM NE QUADRANT...BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM 
S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO 
FROM 39N TO 55N BETWEEN 144W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N139W 991 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 55N BETWEEN 127W AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
25 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N125W 1008 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 180W AND 170E AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N165W 1001 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 42N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N159W 990 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N153W 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 52N BETWEEN 142W AND 166W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N146W 993 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. WITHIN 1260 NM SE...180 NM 
NE AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 1003 MB. CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N171E 988 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SE 
AND S QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 60N179W 
TO 55N173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N180W 994 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 61N177W TO 
56N169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 
NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172W 996 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANTS...AND NW OF A LINE FROM 55N177W TO 61N166W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N162E 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 
170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW W OF AREA 46N149E. FROM 
30N TO 52N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 121W AND 132W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 
165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 145W AND 
152W. 

.HIGH 34N143W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N137W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 32N153W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 37N170E 1022 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N175E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N171W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 39N173W 1024 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N156W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N170E 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 
NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 11N104W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NE WIND WAVES. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 92W TO 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO 
11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO...FROM 08N TO 11.5N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA...N OF 11.5N E OF 89W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT WITH MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N W OF 130W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 28N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. N 
OF 28N BETWEEN 114W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON NOV 08...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...06N77W TO 11N128W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 128W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.