Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 04:40:23 -0600

484 
FZPN40 PHFO 081040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON NOV 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 26N173E CONTINUING AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
25N164E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 28N. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 
174W AND 179W. TSTMS ALSO MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N177W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 27N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
28N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N159W TO 25N170W 
TO 23N180E. 

.TROUGH FROM 27N178E TO 24N180E TO 22N177E MOVING E 10 KT. TSTMS 
WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 26N177W TO 23N178W...ALSO TSTMS N OF TROUGH 
NEAR COLD FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N166W TO 20N179W MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 20N160E MOVING E 15 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST SW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 28N W OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEE KWBC FORECAST 
FOR GALE CONDITIONS N OF 30N.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 13N TO 24N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS MOSTLY 20 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 08N E OF 167W. ALSO WITHIN AREA FROM 11N TO 
15N BETWEEN 172W AND 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N E OF 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 23N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N160W TO 25N172W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 176W 
AND 178E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N163W TO 09N176W TO 07N170E TO 08N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 
156W. ALSO WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 160W AND 166W...AND ALSO W 
OF 175E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.