Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 06:00:23 -0600

257 
ATHW40 PHFO 081200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC MON NOV 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 08 2010

THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE OVERALL CHANGE SINCE LAST EVENING.  LOW 
CEILINGS CONTINUE TO MAINLY AFFECT WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS ON THE 
INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  THE BIG ISLAND AND KAUAI ARE SEEING THE MOST 
CLOUDINESS AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...AS WELL... 
APPEAR TO BE PRESENT IN COASTAL AND UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF KONA ON THE 
BIG ISLAND...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME.  ALSO...HIGH CLOUDS... 
DEBRIS FROM OLD CONVECTION...EXIST OVER KAUAI AND ITS ADJACENT 
WATERS THIS EARLY MORNING.  THE CIRRUS ELEMENTS ARE MOVING FROM THE 
WEST AND SOUTHWEST.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST- 
NORTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

LOW CLOUDS HAVE BECOME SCATTERED TO BROKEN UPWIND FROM THE ISLES.  
THIS FIELD OF LOW CLOUDINESS STRETCHES FAR EAST AND NORTH OF THE 
STATE.  OLD PLUME CLOUDS ARE PRODUCING PATCHY AREAS OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CONDITIONS WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF 
OAHU...AND SOUTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF KAUAI.  IGNORING ANY HIGH 
CLOUDINESS...SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL WATERS.

CONVECTION IS IGNITING AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT FAR WEST OF KAUAI.  
MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE CURRENTLY LOCATED 
FROM 20N TO 32N BETWEEN 169W AND 177W.  THE BIGGEST CLUSTER OF 
STORMS PASSED MIDWAY ATOLL LAST EVENING...BRINGING LOW CEILINGS... 
PERIODS OF RAIN...AND GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS.  THE CONVECTION IS 
BEING TRIGGERED BY SURFACE WIND CONVERGENCE IN COMBINATION WITH 
UPPER AIR TROUGHING.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG 
THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THIS UNORGANIZED 
ACTIVITY IS FIRING IN THE AREA FROM 06.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 150W AND 
175W AS OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.