Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:59:44 -0600

627 
FZPN01 KWBC 081558
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON NOV 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 51N157W 981 MB MOVING E 30 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE...BETWEEN 60 AND 420 NM SE 
AND BETWEEN 60 AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 45N170W TO 
37N144W AND WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 41N174E TO 45N170W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N135W 996 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 
720 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 45N143W. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 39N163W 
BELOW...FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 124W AND 162W WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 44N124W 1014 MB. FROM 30N TO 55N E 
OF 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH MIXED SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 31N175W 1014 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N163W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N152W 975 MB. FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 
141W AND 158W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 55N BETWEEN 140W TO 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N167E 981 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 
300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N171W BELOW...FROM 
30N TO 52N W OF 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N148W 995 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 51N157W ABOVE...NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 57N153W TO 50N140W 
TO 30N140W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT IN MIXED 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 1007 MB. CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N172E 991 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N180W 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N171W 996 MB. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 50N152W ABOVE...WITHIN 600 NM N...360 NM W AND 780 NM S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N160E 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 240 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N164E 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N167E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N E OF 124W 
AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 44N124W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 153W AND 163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
49N149W TO 41N147W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 41N175E.

.HIGH 33N146W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 33N141W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N136W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 36N171E 1024 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N178E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N164W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 41N167W 1026 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N155W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N172E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISH BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N97W TO 11N101W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 93W AND TO 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 
11N102W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 93W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N  
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF LINE 07N140W TO 12N125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITH MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 28N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF 
120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON NOV 08...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 04N78W TO 12N130W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 04.5N78W AND 
06.5N84W AND WITHIN 60 NM LINE 09N98W TO 09N114W TO 11N119W TO 
09N126W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.