Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:45:20 -0600

075 
FZPN40 PHFO 081645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON NOV 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 27N175E TO 27N169E. PART OF FRONT E OF 175E 
MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM E OF FRONT NEAR 28N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N174W TO 26N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 24N170W. 

.TROUGH FROM 30N175W TO 27N176W TO 24N179W MOVING E 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS N OF 28N BETWEEN 171W AND 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT MENTIONED ABOVE.

.RIDGE FROM 30N166W TO 24N172W TO 20N179W MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 27N160E MOVING E 20 KT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST SW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 28N W OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N W OF 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 24N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 08N E OF 167W AND FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 172W 
AND 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N E OF 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 23N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N160W TO 25N172W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 22N166W TO 24N172W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N160W TO 09N176W TO 07N172E TO 09N164E TO 
08N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 152W 
AND 164W. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ  W OF 173E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.