Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:30:20 -0600

570 
ATHW40 PHFO 081830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON NOV 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 08 2010

A MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE IS LOCATED TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. THE WATER VAPOR LOOP SHOWS AN AREA OF 
SUBSIDENCE ACROSS THE STATE ASSOCIATED WITH THE RIDGE. INFRARED 
SATELLITE ALSO SHOWS A HIGH REFLECTED AT THE SURFACE AND CENTERED AT 
32N145W. THIS HIGH IS FAIRLY STRONG AND DRIVING FRESH TO STRONG 
EASTERLY WINDS FROM 10N TO 30N AND 140W TO 160W. BROKEN 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE BEING CARRIED BY THE WINDS AT 
AROUND 25 MPH FROM 14N TO 30N AND 130W TO 163W.

FURTHER TO THE WEST IS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND ASSOCIATED COLD 
FRONT. THE UPPER TROUGH RUNS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 41N176W TO 27N174W. 
AT THE SURFACE...THE COLD FRONT RUNS FROM 38N157W TO 35N167W TO 
30N171W TO 26N179W. A SECONDARY LOW HAS DEVELOPED ALONG THE FRONT 
NEAR 30N171W AND A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTH OF THE LOW TO 
23N171W. STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED AROUND THE LOW IN AN AREA 
FROM 27N TO 31N AND 170W TO 174W WITH CLOUD TOPS TO 48 KFT. 
LIGHTNING DETECTION HAS ALSO PICKED UP ON STRIKES IN THIS AREA. 
ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS /CB/ CLOUDS ARE ALSO FOUND ALONG THE SURFACE 
TROUGH SOUTH OF THE LOW. NORTH OF THE LOW ALONG THE FRONT...OVERCAST 
LAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS AND CB CLOUDS COVER AN 
AREA FROM 31N TO 45N AND 158W TO 175W.

AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...VISIBLE SATELLITE SHOWS SCATTERED 
OPEN-CELLED CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD COASTAL AND OFFSHORE 
WATERS. NOT A WHOLE LOT OF CLOUD COVER IS SEEN OVER THE LEEWARD 
WATERS...BUT A PLUME CLOUD IS OBSERVED 50 MILES WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. OVER LAND...SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE 
INTERIOR SECTIONS OF KAUAI AND OAHU...MAINLY ACROSS WINDWARD AND 
MOUNTAIN SECTIONS. MOLOKAI HAS CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD SIDE OF THE 
ISLAND AND IS MOSTLY SUNNY ELSEWHERE. LANAI IS MOSTLY SUNNY THIS 
MORNING. MAUI IS MOSTLY SUNNY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW PATCHES OF 
CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD WEST MAUI AND NEAR HANA. THE BIG ISLAND IS 
MOSTLY SUNNY AS WELL OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND...WITH SOME CLOUD OVER 
PUNA AND SOUTH HILO DISTRICTS.

ELSEWHERE...UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING FAR 
SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG THE ITCZ. MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS FIRING IN 
THE AREA FROM 07N TO 11N AND 152W TO 165W. CLOUD TOPS REACH TO 47 
KFT IN THE VERTICAL.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.