Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:49:38 -0600

898 
FZPN01 KWBC 082148
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON NOV 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 33N173W 1010 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 41N160W 994 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND 300 NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 150W AND 166W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N151W 966 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 300 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SW AND E AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM NE OF A LINE FROM 51N131W TO 
30N143W AND TO SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS FROM 35N TO 58N E OF 
165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N151W 986 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 46N164W TO 37N140W AND WITHIN 
300 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 41N176E TO 46N164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N131W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM NE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM NW 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N140W. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 41N160W ABOVE...FROM 38N TO 55N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 150W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH MIXED 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N131W TO 30N143W AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N124W TO 39N124W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT WITH MIXED SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM N OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
47N160E TO 44N168E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N160E TO NEW LOW 
48N168E 982 MB TO 43N178W TO 37N180W. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE SW OF A 
LINE FROM 54N169E TO 41N170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N174E 991 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 420 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N167W 997 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WITHIN 
180 NM SW AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N160E 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N166E 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 172E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N168E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 60N148W 996 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT WINDS  
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 51N151W ABOVE...NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 55N143W TO 50N136W 
TO 39N136W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN MIXED 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 61N150W 1008 MB. CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N E OF 124W 
AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 139W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM OF 40N156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
47N142W TO 41N142W AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 42N179W. 

.HIGH 33N145W 1032 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 32N138W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 38N175E 1024 MB MOVING SE 15 KT WILL TURN E AND ACCELERATE 
AFTER 24 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N178E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N159W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 42N167W 1026 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N175E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 10.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
TO 09N98W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND TO 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 15N BETWEEN 97W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N  
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 12N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 28N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITH MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF 
120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON NOV 08...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 09N105W TO 
11N122W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE NEAR 09N102W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ELSEWHERE.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.