Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:45:06 -0600

873 
FZPN40 PHFO 082245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON NOV 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 27N180E TO 26N167E. PART OF FRONT N OF 27N 
MOVING E 25 KT...REST OF FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 169W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N174W TO 26N170E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 24N170W. 

.TROUGH FROM 12N165E TO 07N161E MOVING W 10 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 06N TO 11N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N161W TO 24N169W TO 22N177W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N172E TO 27N166E TO 25N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 27N157W 19N140W 14N140W 13N165W 
27N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 18N E OF 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 17N E OF 165W.

.S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 168E AND 
164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 24N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 30N163W 30N140W 07N140W 13N180W 30N163W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 26N168W TO 30N165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 07N E OF 170W. SEAS 9 FT N OF 
28N BETWEEN 170W AND 176W AND N OF 29N BETWEEN 168E AND 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 23N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 30N150W 30N140W 08N140W 15N165W 30N150W AND N OF 
25N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N168W TO 
27N171W TO 27N171W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 06N153W TO 07N164W TO 05N175W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 165W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.