Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:34:37 -0600

165 
ATHW40 PHFO 090034
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 09 2010

A MID/UPPER LEVEL RIDGE IS LOCATED TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE WATER VAPOR LOOP SHOWS AN AREA OF SUBSIDENCE 
OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE STATE ASSOCIATED WITH THE RIDGE. 
INFRARED SATELLITE ALSO SHOWS A HIGH REFLECTED AT THE SURFACE AND 
CENTERED AT 32N143W MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS. 
THIS HIGH IS PUSHING BANDS OF BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS ALONG IT/S 
SOUTHERN FLANK FROM 130W TO 160W. THE CLOUD MOTIONS EASTERLY AT 25 
MPH.

FURTHER TO THE WEST IS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND ASSOCIATED COLD 
FRONT. THE UPPER TROUGH RUNS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 40N172W TO 27N172W. 
AT THE SURFACE...THE COLD FRONT RUNS FROM 39N154W TO 35N172W TO 
27N178W. A LOW HAS DEVELOPED ALONG THE FRONT NEAR 35N172W AND A 
SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTH OF THE LOW TO 23N171W. STRONG 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED AROUND THE LOW IN AN AREA FROM 28N TO 36N 
AND 167W TO 172W WITH CLOUD TOPS TO 48 KFT. LIGHTNING DETECTION 
STILL CONTINUES TO PICK UP ON STRIKES IN THIS AREA.

AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...VISIBLE SATELLITE SHOWS SCATTERED 
CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS. NOT A WHOLE LOT OF 
CLOUD COVER IS SEEN OVER THE LEEWARD WATERS. OVER LAND...SCATTERED 
TO BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER MOST OF KAUAI THIS AFTERNOON. OAHU 
HAS BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS BUILT UP OVER THE KOOLAU AND WINDWARD SIDE 
OF THE ISLAND...WITH A FEW CLOUDS OVER THE REST OF THE AREA. MOLOKAI 
HAS CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD SIDE OF THE ISLAND AND IS MOSTLY SUNNY 
ELSEWHERE. LANAI HAS CLOUD BUILD UPS OVER THE CENTRAL INTERIOR 
WHILE THE COASTS REMAIN SUNNY. MAUI HAS CLOUDS ACROSS THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS ALONG WITH THE EASTERN AND WESTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 
THE NORTH AND SOUTH SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AND THE CENTRAL INTERIOR 
REMAIN MOSTLY SUNNY. THE BIG ISLAND HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUD 
COVER OVER LEEWARD SLOPES FROM APUA POINT TO SOUTH POINT TO UPOLU 
POINT UP TO 6 KFT IN ELEVATION. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED OVER 
WINDWARD PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND.

ELSEWHERE...WIDELY SCATTERED AND UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS OCCURRING 
FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG THE ITCZ. MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS 
RELATIVELY WEAK AND CONFINED TO AN AREA BETWEEN 05N AND 10N ACROSS 
THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.