Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 22:13:47 -0600

477 
FZPN01 KWBC 090412
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 35N169W 1008 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 159W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N156W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 48N BETWEEN 146W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N150W 960 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 360 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO OVER WATERS WITHIN 900 NM S AND SE...540 
NM SW...300 NM NW...AND 720 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA 46N146E 972 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 45N160E TO 42N167E. WITHIN 240 NM N OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS BETWEEN 160E AND A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 42N174E TO 
51N165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 47N158E 973 MB. FROM 37N TO 45N 
W OF 165E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM SE QUADRANT...AND FROM 47N TO 54N W OF 176E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N146W 988 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 33 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 47N155W. ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS FROM 41N TO 55N BETWEEN 132W 
AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...EXCEPT SW OF THE 
LOW CENTER 15 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 1002 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND W 
AND 180 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 33N160E 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
166E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 46N146E DESCRIBED IN STORM 
WARNING ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N176E 993 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N174W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N176W 981 MB. FROM 33N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 63N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 60N148W 996 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.OVER WATERS FROM 30N TO 39N E OF 125W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 60N177W TO 56N170W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 59N165W 
TO 56N175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 170W AND 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.OVER WATERS FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 164W AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N163W 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
QUADRANT AND FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 165W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N165W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 180 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 147W AND 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 44N139W.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 42N174W.

.HIGH 33N142W 1029 MB MOVING NE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N140W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N135W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 34N148W 1029 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N140W.

.HIGH 43N158W 1027 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N147W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 37N174E 1023 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N176W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N158W 1024 MB.

.HIGH 46N160E 1022 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N175E 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 35N158W.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS T0 9 FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 12N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 125W TO THE WEST COAST 
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 27N W OF 130W...AND N OF 20N 
BETWEEN 118W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 29N120W. ELSEWHERE W OF 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 26N BETWEEN 117W 
AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 09...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 06N90W TO 
09N110W TO 11N115W TO 09N140W. CLUSTER OF MODERATE CONVECTION 
WITHIN 30 NM OF 08.5N102W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION ELSEWHERE.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.