Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 22:45:07 -0600

041 
FZPN40 PHFO 090445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 26N180E TO 26N172E TO 26N167E. PART OF FRONT 
N OF 27N MOVING E 25 KT...REST OF FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY AND 
WEAKENING. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 162W AND 173W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE OF THE FRONT E OF 173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N172W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 155W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 29N154W TO 28N160W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 11N163E TO 07N160E MOVING W 10 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 12N W OF 165E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N159W TO 26N165W TO 23N174W TO 24N172E MOVING SE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169E TO 27N166E TO 25N163E TO 24N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N167E TO 27N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N W OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 24N155W 22N140W 15N140W 15N165W 
24N155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 30N163W 30N140W 07N140W 10N170W 30N163W. 
SEAS 9 FT WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 26N167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N163W 30N140W 10N140W 
08N170W 30N163W. SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 28N140W 08N140W 13N172W 
28N140W AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 26N170W TO 30N174W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 27N169W TO 
26N170W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 06N154W TO 07N164W TO 05N176W TO 09N165E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 
165W AND WITHIN 180 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 180W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.