Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 23:00:12 -0600

755 
ATHW40 PHFO 090500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 09 2010

SKIES ARE GENERALLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY AROUND THE ISLAND CHAIN 
THIS EARLY EVENING.  LOW CLOUD CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS OF KAUAI...OAHU...AND WEST MAUI AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.  BROKEN LOWER CLOUDINESS IS ALSO AFFECTING THE WEST- 
FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN 
KAU...KONA...AND KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS 
FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF EAST BETWEEN 20 AND 25 MPH ACROSS 
THE ALOHA STATE.

LOW CLOUDINESS IS PREDOMINANTLY SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.  SMALL AREAS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...THOUGH... 
EXIST EAST OF MAUI AND NORTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND.

A COLD FRONT IS MORE THAN 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN 
MOVING EAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH ALONG 30N.  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
HAVE BEEN FIRING ALONG THE LEADING EDGE OF THE BOUNDARY NORTH OF 
27N...WITH MOST OF THE CONVECTION CURRENTLY WITHIN 40 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N168.5W TO 28.5N170W TO 27.5N172W.  ALSO... 
SURFACE WIND CONVERGENCE AHEAD OF THE FRONT IS GENERATING SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 50 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 27.5N168.5W TO 26N169W TO 24.5N169.5W.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 
FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII REMAIN UNORGANIZED.  AT THE MOMENT...MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 146W AND 161W...AND FROM 
05.5N TO 08.5N WEST OF 168W.  A SMALL AREA OF CONVECTION IS ALSO 
FIRING FROM 14N TO 15.5N BETWEEN 165W AND 169W AS OF BULLETIN TIME.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.