Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 03:55:54 -0600

609 
FZPN01 KWBC 090955
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 38N165W 1002 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N154W 978 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND NE 
AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 51N BETWEEN 144W AND 159W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N150W 960 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 962 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N143W TO 53N136W TO 39N138W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT 360 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE...420 NM SW...240 NM NW...AND 480 NM 
NE QUADRANTS...240 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT...AND FROM 38N TO 
48N BETWEEN 139W AND 157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 43N147W. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N150E 972 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 48N160E TO 42N171E. WITHIN 240 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF 
A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 45N176E TO 52N166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N162E 976 MB. FROM 36N TO 45N W OF 
165E...AND FROM 49N TO 52N BETWEEN 171E AND 164E WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 20 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 55N W OF 175E...AND 
FROM 31N TO 45N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N140W 990 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N139W 
TO 50N132W TO 42N132W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF THE 
FRONT...FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 134W AND 151W...AND BETWEEN 180 
NM AND 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 29 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N149W WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 1008 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N178E 994 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
300 NM S AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N173W 984 MB. FROM 35N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 124W NW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL.

.LOW 56N171W 998 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
60N177W TO THE LOW CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172W 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N174W 996 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 171E AND 
176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.LOW 34N164E 1008 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
168E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 46N150E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.WITHIN 180 NM S OF A LINE FROM 46N171W TO 43N178E WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW 55N151W DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N166W 995 MB. OVER WATERS FROM 56N 
TO 62N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM OF 
38N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 147W AND 
155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 47N136W.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM OF 43N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 43N169W. 

.HIGH 34N145W 1030 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N138W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N135W 1027 MB.

.HIGH 44N156W 1025 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N142W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND.

.HIGH 38N179E 1022 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N173W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N155W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 46N169E 1021 MB MOVING SE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N178W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 37N155W.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS T0 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W 
AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 12N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N E OF 125W TO THE WEST COAST 
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W...EXCEPT S OF 08N W OF 133W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W 
EXCEPT S OF 10N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 14N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 110W AND FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 09...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 07N90W TO 
11N118W TO 09N130W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 104W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 126W AND 131W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.