Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 06:00:08 -0600

218 
ATHW40 PHFO 091200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 09 2010

MOST LOW CLOUD CEILINGS ARE OCCURRING OVER WINDWARD COASTAL AND 
WINDWARD UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND EAST MAUI THIS EARLY 
MORNING...ESPECIALLY EAST- AND SOUTHEAST-FACING SECTIONS.  BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO OCCASIONALLY AFFECTING MAUKA PORTIONS OF THE 
OTHER ISLES.  OTHERWISE SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER THE 
ALOHA STATE.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF 
EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS EXIST EAST OF MAUI...NORTH CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  
PLUME CLOUDS ARE CAUSING OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND.  AND AN INNOCUOUS BAND OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS APPROACHING 
FROM THE WEST IS PRODUCING CEILINGS SOUTHWEST CLOCKWISE THROUGH 
NORTH OF KAUAI.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A COLD FRONT IS APPROXIMATELY 625 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS 
BEEN HEADING EAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH ALONG 30N OVER THE PAST SEVEN 
HOURS.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN FIRING ALONG 
AND AHEAD OF THE BOUNDARY.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY 
LOCATED WITHIN 75 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 32N163W TO 
29N165W TO 26N169W.

THOUGH SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE REMAIN UNORGANIZED...THEY HAVE INTENSIFIED SINCE LAST EVENING.  
MOST OF THE ACTIVITY HAS BEEN IGNITING FROM 05.5N TO 09N WEST OF 
143W.  CELLS HAVE BEEN RISING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND FEET NEAR 
08N146W...AND FROM 05.5N TO 08N BETWEEN 168W AND 177W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.