Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:29:58 -0600

005 
FZPN01 KWBC 091629
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 39N163W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
ALSO FROM 39N TO 43N BETWEEN 156W AND 163W...AND 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 40N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N152W 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND N QUADRANT...ALSO FROM 46N TO 51N BETWEEN 144W AMD 149W 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 157W...ALSO FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 156W AND 
163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N151W 958 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 45 TO 65 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N149W 968 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N145E 986 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 164E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N153E 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
49N160E TO 47N170E TO 44N173E TO 35N174E. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE 
FRONT N OF 44N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT...AND FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 164E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM N AND E 
OF FRONT...AND FROM 35N TO 49N W OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N165E 981 MB. FROM 38N TO 43N W OF 167E 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 24 TO 37 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 45N W 
OF 172E...AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 49N W OF 174E...AND W 
OF A LINE FROM 59N175W TO 53N176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N135W 988 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N139W 
TO 52N134W TO 49N129W TO 46N127W TO 41N130W. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 
E OF THE FRONT...ALSO FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 131W AND 
143W...AND FROM 49N TO 53N BETWEEN 141W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N126W 1014 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N178W 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. N OF 54N BETWEEN 171E AND 
176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 
55N BETWEEN 170E AND 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INTO LOW 49N152W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N170W 980 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 47N165W TO 38N171W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N137W 993 MB. FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 
132W AND 147W...ALSO FROM 44N TO 56N BETWEEN 128W AND 
137W...ALSO NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 58N142W TO 56N138W WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

.LOW 57N171W 998 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N173W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.LOW 34N165E 1006 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
163E AND 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 143W AND 
148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 47N BETWEEN 161W AND 167W. 

.HIGH 33N142W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N137W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N139W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 36N179E 1022 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N168W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N149W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 44N170E 1022 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS T0 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W 
AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 12N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 27N E OF 125W TO THE WEST COAST 
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W 
OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. S OF 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF 120W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 08N 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE NOV 09...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 07N77W TO 08N85W TO 
06N95W TO 11N125W TO 09N135W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 100W AND 
103W...AND BETWEEN 122W AND 131W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.