Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:40:17 -0600

628 
FZPN40 PHFO 091640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N177W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
27N171E. PART OF FRONT N OF 27N MOVING E 20 KT...REST OF FRONT 
MOVING S SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. FOR NEXT 12 HOURS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF 29N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 
NM SE OF THE FRONT E OF 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 25N170W TO 25N180E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N158W TO 23N170W MOVING SE 20 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N173E TO 25N166E TO 23N160E. PORTION OF RIDGE N OF 27N 
MOVING SE 10 KT. REMAINDER NEARLY STATIONARY.

.SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N E OF 161W...AND FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 
161W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 09N E OF 160W...AND FROM 10N 
TO 17N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. SEAS 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 169W AND 
174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 12N163W TO 12N167W...
AND LINE 09N173E TO 10N170E...AND LINE 07N167E TO 06N163E. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 06N153W TO 07N164W TO 05N176W TO 07N167E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 143W AND 
153W AND BETWEEN 158W AND 179W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.