Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:22:50 -0600

935 
FZPN01 KWBC 092222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 40N160W 990 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM NW...360 NM SW...420 NM SE AND 360 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16  FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N152W 973 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW...240 NM 
S AND 240 NM N QUADRANTS...ALSO FROM 45N TO 52N BETWEEN 145W AND 
149W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 
55N BETWEEN 142W AND 157W...AND FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 
164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM E 
OF A LINE FROM 50N174W TO 40N163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N151W 956 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N149W 969 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N140W 
TO 53N133W TO 48N128W NE OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N BETWEEN 140W AND 153W WNIDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT. ALSO N OF 45N E OF 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N146E 979 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 43N160E TO 42N165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N153E 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
48N160E TO 48N170E. WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT W OF 163E WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
FRONT...AND FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 53N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N165E 984 MB. FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 
172E...AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 33 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N130W 992 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S...360 NM 
SW...180 NM NE AND 180 NM E QUADRANTS...ALSO E OF FRONT FROM 
49N128W TO 27N125W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHNI 540 NM W...420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N174E 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER...ALSO FROM 35N TO 47N BETWEEN 174W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N169W 978 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES...AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 48N163W TO 
42N165W TO 37N171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N170W 993 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 58N176E TO 
52N173E TO 49N163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N173W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N176W 992 MB. WITHIN 600 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 34N167E 1005 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 170W AND 174E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 161W. 

.HIGH 33N140W 1030 MB MOVING E 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N138W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N139W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 35N178W 1021 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N158W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N140W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 43N176E 1021 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 11.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N104W 1011 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 28N W OF 120W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA N OF 20N 
BETWEEN 116W AND 124W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 28N W OF 124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 124W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. N 
OF 23N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 24N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA 
BETWEEN 114W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. S OF 11N BETWEEN 96W AND 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 25N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. N OF 25N WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 98W AND 110W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE NOV 09...
.TROUGH FROM 12N122W TO 07N128W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 
NM E AND 60 NM W OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 14N138W TO 09N140W...SCATTERED MODERATE S OF 11N W 
OF TROUGH.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 04N77W TO LOW NEAR 
08N85W TO 05N92W TO LOW NEAR 08N105W TO 11N124W THEN RESUMES 
NEAR 09N127W TO 11N138W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 127W AND 133W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.