Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:45:48 -0600

236 
FZPN40 PHFO 092245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE NOV 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 25N173W TO 24N178E. FRONT N OF 27N 
MOVING E 20 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING SE SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 157W AND 168W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 167W...AND ELSEWHERE N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N153W TO 
27N154W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WARM FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 26N173E MOVING NE 15 KT AND WEAKENING. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W OF 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DECREASED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E MOVING ESE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 25N168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.WEAK HIGH 23N162E 1017MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM 30N178E TO 
25N174E TO HIGH TO 23N160E. RIDGE N OF 25N MOVING SE 15 KT. REST OF 
RIDGE NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK HIGH 23N162E 1015MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 25N160W TO 24N166W MOVING SE SLOWLY AND 
ERODING FROM THE WEST.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 170W FROM 08N TO 20N...AND E OF 164W N OF 
20N. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 165E AND 162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 163W BETWEEN 09N AND 17N...
N OF 17N E OF 150W...AND N OF LINE FROM 30N157W TO 27N165W TO 
27N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF LINE FROM 11N140W TO 16N154W TO 28N140W. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 152W AND 162W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 160W AND 174W...
AND FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 175E AND 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 08N154W TO 08N172W TO 06N180W TO 08N171E TO 
05N161E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
179W AND 156W...WITHIN 150 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 154W...AND ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.