Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 21:56:34 -0600

640 
FZPN01 KWBC 100356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED NOV 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 43N157W 990 MB MOVING NE 25 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 47N BETWEEN 148W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N152W 956 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 54N155W TO 56N145W...AND 
480 NM S AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
27 FT. ALSO N OF 40N BETWEEN 134W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N150W 976 MB. N OF 53N BETWEEN 135W AND 
155W...AND FROM 45N TO 53N E OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 55N144W WITH SW SWELL.

...STORM WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 37N174E TO 45N172E TO 
51N164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 47N158E 975 MB. FROM 38N TO 45N 
W OF 163E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 32N165E TO 53N172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168E 986 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 51N W OF 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N128W 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW...540 NM 
W...AND 180 NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 35N168E 1004 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
175E AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 47N158E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN STORM WARNING ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N177W 984 MB. FROM 32N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N156W 980 MB. FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 
145W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 61N E OF 168W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 118W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 51N164W 997 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E AND BETWEEN 
180 NM AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 52N152W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.  

.LOW 57N170W 994 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N174W TO 57N176E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N175W 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 55N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N172W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 159W...AND FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 43N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 
160W. 

.HIGH 49N145W 1018 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 34N140W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N139W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N139W 1031 MB. 

.HIGH 35N176W 1022 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N158W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N137W 1032 MB.

.HIGH 45N177E 1018 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 28N TO 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 27N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 27N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. S OF 09N BETWEEN 
95W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW 
AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 117W AND 123W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 123W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 06N W OF 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. BETWEEN 113W AND 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL N OF 10N AND MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL S OF 10N. S OF 11N BETWEEN 97W AND 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 05N W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL N OF 10N AND MIXED 
SW AND NW SWELL S OF 10N. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W 
SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 07.5N N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED NOV 10...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM LOW NEAR 09N85W TO 
05N92W TO LOW NEAR 08N105W TO 09N116W TO 10N120W TO 08N132W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W 
AND 135W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.