Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 21:59:05 -0600

245 
FZPN40 PHFO 100358
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED NOV 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 26N166W TO 24N171W TO 23N178W. FRONT 
N OF 26N MOVING E 20 KT. REST OF FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGHS FROM 30N152W TO 
27N155W AND FROM 29N160W TO 28N167W TO 22N172W.

.TROUGH FROM 30N172E TO 27N173E TO 25N175E MOVING NE 15 KT AND 
WEAKENING. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 175E AND 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 28N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 25N166E.

.HIGH 23N161E 1018MB MOVING WNW SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM 23N173E TO 
HIGH TO 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED W OF AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 30N179W TO 27N176E MOVING E 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 24N164W NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 170W FROM 08N TO 20N. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 
LINE FROM 20N155W TO 30N162W...AND N OF LINES FROM 30N165W TO 
28N174W TO 30N177W...AND FROM 30N170E TO 29N165E TO 30N163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N155W TO 25N170W 
TO 27N173W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF LINE FROM 09N154W TO 13N163W TO 
19N150W TO 30N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N170E TO 26N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF LINE FROM 12N146W TO 16N155W TO 27N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W...AND 
FROM 16N TO 19N BETWEEN 143W AND 150W.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 11N146W TO 09N155W TO 09N168W TO 06N169E TO 
04N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
142W AND 180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM N AND 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.