Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 03:39:36 -0600

162 
FZPN01 KWBC 100939
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED NOV 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 48N154W 980 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 35N TO 51N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N154W 960 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N152W 959 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
48N152W TO 57N145W TO 52N135W TO 43N135W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 
240 NM E QUADRANTS...AND 240 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT N OF 54N 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 34 FT...EXCEPT N AND NE OF THE 
FRONT 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 43N BETWEEN 140W AND 
161W...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT S OF 54N WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N149W 982 MB. N OF 57N BETWEEN 138W AND 
154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N160E TO 43N170E. WITHIN 180 NM N OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE 
FROM 30N178E TO 42N178E TO 52N167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N160E 978 MB. FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 165E 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 45N W 
OF 172E...AND WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 46N173E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N172E 988 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 
A LINE FROM 30N174E TO 38N180W TO 48N176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N172W 981 MB. FROM 36N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N152W 980 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 
140W AND 157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N171W 996 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 50N170W TO 57N176E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N176W 997 MB. N OF 55N BETWEEN 166W AND 
173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 56N BETWEEN 167W AND 176E 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N E OF 168W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 47N126W 1008 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 38N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 52N163W 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 40N TO THE ALEUTIAN 
ISLANDS BETWEEN 160W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 54N152W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N168W 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 165W AND 
161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 47N BETWEEN 145W AND 
168W. 

.HIGH 54N140W 1015 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N139W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N139W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 35N170W 1022 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N152W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N134W 1037 MB.

.HIGH 42N177W 1018 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 27N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 
115W...EXCEPT S OF 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 15N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 123W TO COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 26N 
W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 11N BETWEEN 98W AND 114W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 
13N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND SW SWELL. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED NOV 10...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N85W TO 06N92W TO 
11N116W TO 09N132W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
OF AXIS W OF 118W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.