Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:45:06 -0600

819 
FZPN40 PHFO 101045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED NOV 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 27N161W MOVING NE 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 25N163W TO 22N164W MOVING W 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 30N172E TO 25N175E. TROUGH MOVING E AT 10 KT ALONG 30N 
AND NEARLY STATIONARY AT 25N. SE TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N176E TO 25N176E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169E TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 23N170E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W...NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N W 
OF 178E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N146W TO 24N158W MOVING NE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N177W TO 24N175E TO 22N160E. RIDGE MOVING E AT 20 KT 
ALONG 30N AND NEARLY STATIONARY AT 160E.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 24N E OF 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 25N140W 12N140W 
16N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 10N140W 
13N160W 17N160W 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 30N160W 30N140W 08N140W 13N172W 30N160W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 162W AND 175W AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 172E 
AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 1552 AND 170W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 10N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N E OF 155W. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 25N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 03N TO 07N W OF 175E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 12N146W TO 08N156W TO 10N166W TO 05N180W. 
SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 
162W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 157W AND 
W OF 162W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.