Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:05:32 -0600

345 
FZPN01 KWBC 101605
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED NOV 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N154W 966 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW AND 
360 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 420 NM E AND NE...540 NM S AND SW...AND 180 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 
45N146W TO 40N146W TO 35N148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N153W 956 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N149W 965 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S...240 NM 
E...AND 120 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 59N147W TO 56N138W 
TO 54N135W TO 49N132W. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 44N BETWEEN 128W AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 30 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N149W 990 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW 
IN ASSOCIATION WITH LOW 57N145W.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 46N152E 973 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
47N160E TO 45N166E TO 43N174E. WITHIN 240 NM N OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N 
AND 540 NM S OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N163E 981 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM S AND 420 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 28 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N180E 990 MB. N OF 30N AND WITHIN 840 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S...1020 NM W...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT.   

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N174E 988 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 31N TO 48N BETWEEN 
174E TO 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N168W 975 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
46N163W TO 39N168W TO 36N175W. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS...180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N145W 988 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N154W TO 40N164W TO 31N175W. WITHIN 480 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N162W 988 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N149W.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N AND W OF 164W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N172W 996 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N177W 998 MB. N OF 53N AND W OF 162W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 51N BETWEEN 166W AND 178W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 34N BETWEEN 118W AND 125W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 44N124W 1013 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 150W...AND FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 176E AND 
172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 158W AND 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 140W AND 
168W. 

.HIGH 33N137W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 35N166W 1022 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N145W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N132W 1037 MB. 

.FORECASTER ACHORN. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 13N TO 24N W OF 122W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.  S OF 
10N FROM 96W TO 122W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN  
SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 28N E OF 123W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 10N TO 24N W OF 125W  NE WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 
06N W OF 112W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 10N W OF 124W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS 11 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 08N W OF 
110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 
08N TO 12N FROM 102W AND 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT 
IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N  NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N  NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED NOV 10...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N82W TO 06N92W TO 
11N116W TO 09N135W TO 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
OF AXIS W OF 100W. 

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.