Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:45:13 -0600

760 
FZPN40 PHFO 101645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED NOV 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 27N160W MOVING N 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 26N162W TO 21N163W MOVING NW 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 25N175E. TROUGH MOVING E AT 10 KT ALONG 30N 
AND NEARLY STATIONARY AT 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED BELOW.

.TROUGH FROM 08N140W TO 14N145W MOVING W 15 KT AND DISSIPATING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 14N E OF 151W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 27N166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 23N170E. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 26N180W AND W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF A LINE FROM 26N180 TO 30N164E.

.HIGH 23N160E 1017 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. RIDGE FROM 
30N177W TO 24N175E TO HIGH. RIDGE MOVING E AT 20 KT ALONG 30N AND 
NEARLY STATIONARY AT 160E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N14W TO 25N155W TO 25N160W MOVING NE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N177W TO 24N175E TO 22N160E. RIDGE MOVING E AT 20 KT 
ALONG 30N AND NEARLY STATIONARY AT 160E.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 17N E OF 144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 25N140W 12N140W 
25N154W 25N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 10N140W 
13N160W 17N160W 30N140W AND FROM 13N TO 19N W OF 165E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 30N155W 30N140W 08N140W 13N172W 30N155W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N159W TO 26N170W TO 30N175W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 172E AND 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 155W AND 168W. 
SEAS 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 15N155W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 
27N165E TO 28N160E...SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N178E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 09N140W 
18N163W 25N155W 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 03N TO 07N W OF 175E.

.ITCZ FROM 12N147W TO 09N150W TO 08N170W TO 10N166W TO 03N177E. 
SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 
163W. ISOLATED ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 176W AND 180W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.