Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:29:36 -0600

391 
ATHW40 PHFO 101829
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED NOV 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 10 2010

A WEAK FRONT EXTENDED ROUGHLY THROUGH 30N 158W TO 26N 167W AND 
CONTINUED SOUTHWEST AS A WEAK TROUGH TO NEAR 20N 173W THIS MORNING.  
THE FRONT WAS NEARLY STATIONARY AS IT SAT ABOUT 450 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF KAUAI AS WAS THE TROUGH.  THE ASSOCIATED CLOUD BAND CONSISTED 
MOSTLY OF BROKEN LOW AND MID LEVEL CLOUDS AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
HIGH CLOUDS.  

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE ALSO OCCASIONALLY POPPING UP WITHIN THE 
BAND.  THE HIGHEST STORM TOPS...NEAR 26N 167W...WERE UP NEAR 40000 
FEET.  WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED A WEAK UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 26N 
167W.  THE LOW WAS SLIDING SOUTH-SOUTHWESTWARD WITHIN A NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTHWEST ALIGNED UPPER TROUGH FROM 30N 167W TO 20N 180E. 

A LARGE SWATH OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS WAS NEARING THE 
ISLANDS FROM THE SOUTHWEST.  THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE HIGH CLOUD 
MASS STRETCHED FROM 10N 173W TO 21N 160W TO 13N 150W.  THE CIRRUS 
WAS DRIFTING NORTHEASTWARD TOWARD THE STATE.  STRANDS OF CIRRUS 
ALONG THE LEADING EDGE OF THE SWATH HAD JUST MADE IT OVER OAHU AND 
THE WEST SIDE OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

MEANWHILE...A FEW PATCHES AND SMALL CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDS CONTINUED TO TRAVERSE THE ISLAND CHAIN FROM THE EAST.  
MOST OF THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED ALONG THE WINDWARD OR EAST SIDE 
OF THE ISLAND CHAIN FROM THE BIG ISLAND TO OAHU.  FEW LOW CLOUDS 
WERE SEEN BENEATH THE CIRRUS WEST OF THE STATE EXCEPT FOR SOME 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER NIIHAU.  AT 8 AM...THE CLOUDIEST SKIES WERE 
OVER OAHU...EAST MOLOKAI...EAST MAUI AND THE WINDWARD SECTIONS OF 
THE BIG ISLAND.  THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING MAINLY 
WEST NEAR 20 MILES AN HOUR.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.