Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:45:07 -0600

440 
FZPN40 PHFO 102245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED NOV 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N160E MOVING ESE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 25N166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 25N176E TO 23N170E. S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
27N176W...AND NW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
172E.

.TROUGH FROM 30N155W TO 29N158W TO 27N159W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH N OF 27N.

.TROUGH FROM 30N164W TO 27N168W TO 20N174W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF TROUGH N OF 
20N.

.TROUGH FROM 30N176E TO 25N174E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 23N160E TO 24N174E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N174W TO 28N178W TO 26N178E MOVING SE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N145W TO 29N151W MOVING N SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 27N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF LINE FROM 09N157W TO 14N165W TO 17N152W TO 
30N152W...AND N OF LINE FROM 30N157W TO 26N165W TO 26N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N167E TO 27N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF LINE FROM 11N140W TO 16N159W TO 29N140W. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT N OF LINE FROM 27N150W TO 25N163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
27N170E TO 27N167E TO 30N161E...AND SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 30N167W TO 28N176W TO 29N179W TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
E OF LINE FROM 09N140W TO 13N162W TO 17N164W TO 19N154W TO 25N155W 
TO 30N148W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 160W AND 168W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N150W TO 07N166W TO 09N175W TO 06N170E TO 
06N164E TO 05N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ 
E OF 161W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
240 NM N OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.