Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:28:58 -0600

849 
ATHW40 PHFO 110028
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU NOV 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 11 2010

A WEAK FRONT EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 157W TO 28N 165W THEN CONTINUED 
SOUTHWEST AS A WEAK TROUGH TO NEAR 25N 168W EARLY THIS AFTERNOON.  
THE FRONT WAS ACTUALLY A WARM FRONT THAT WAS DRIFTING VERY SLOWLY 
NORTHWARD WHILE THE TROUGH WAS NEARLY STATIONARY.  

THE ACCOMPANYING CLOUD BAND WAS ABOUT 85 MILES WIDE AND CONSISTED 
OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS.  A FEW ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WERE ALSO EMBEDDED ALONG THE FRONT AND TROUGH. 

A LARGE SWATH OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS CONTINUED TO  
BULGE NORTHWARD OVER THE ISLANDS.  THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE ARC 
OF HIGH CLOUDS STRETCHED FROM 10N 170W TO 20N 164W TO 23N 158W TO 
16N 150W.  THE AREA AS A WHOLE WAS DRIFTING SLOWLY NORTHEASTWARD.  
HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BEEN TRAVERSING THE STATE SINCE AROUND MID 
MORNING.  

MEANWHILE...IN THE LOWER ATMOSPHERE...SOME PATCHES AND SMALL 
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS CONTINUED TO MOVE INTO 
THE STATE FROM THE EAST.  THE LOW CLOUDS WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 
20 MILES AN HOUR.  THOUGH THE LOW CLOUDS WERE MAINLY LOCATED ALONG 
THE WINDWARD SECTIONS AND ADJACENT EASTERN WATERS FROM THE BIG 
ISLAND TO OAHU...SKIES WERE MOSTLY CLOUDY OVER THE ENTIRE STATE DUE 
TO THE PRESENCE OF THE CIRRUS HIGH ABOVE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.