Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:37:16 -0600

259 
FZPN01 KWBC 110337
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU NOV 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 53N154W 956 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 54N158W TO 56N150W TO 56N142W...AND 540 
NM S AND 480 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 28 
FT. ALSO OVER WATERS FROM 43N TO 61N BETWEEN 132W AND 167W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N148W 978 MB. N OF 59N BETWEEN 141W AND 
149W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 53N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 29 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 54N142W WITH SW SWELL. ALSO FROM 45N TO 52N E 
OF 131W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N177W 982 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N156W 981 MB. FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 
142W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER WATERS N OF 50N E 
OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 47N158E 976 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 37N TO 44N W 
OF 163E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N 
TO 45N W OF 165E AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 49N160E TO 
45N172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N167E 987 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADARNTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 50N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N172W 990 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEN 
177W AND 171E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N172W 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N140W TO 41N160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N163W 983 MB. N OF 55N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 180W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N162W 992 MB. N OF A LINE FROM 63N167W 
TO 58N174W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.N OF 62N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N E OF 125W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 55N175W 997 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM OF 
42N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 147W AND 
157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N136W TO 44N167W.

.HIGH 33N138W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N139W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 36N155W 1023 MB MOVING NE 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N136W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N129W 1037 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 50N165E 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 27N BETWEEN 116W AND 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N 
W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 10N BETWEEN 97W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 129W N TO NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 
120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA N OF 05N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W 
AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 06N W OF 113W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 102W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N86W 1009 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 
16N95W TO 15N95W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU NOV 11...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM LOW PRES NEAR 08N86W 
TO 06N91W TO LOW NEAR 09N111W TO 11N124W TO 07N135W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 121W AND 127W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.