Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:45:11 -0600

858 
FZPN40 PHFO 110445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU NOV 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E MOVING ESE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 26N170E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N176E TO 22N170E. S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
27N175W...AND NW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
172E.

.TROUGH FROM 30N178E TO 26N172E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.TROUGH FROM 30N157W TO 28N166W TO 25N169W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N173W TO 24N177E TO 23N160E. RIDGE W OF 176E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. REST OF RIDGE MOVING SE 15 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 26N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 28N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N155W TO 26N164W TO 26N170W. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT E OF LINE FROM 10N160W TO 15N165W TO 17N152W TO 30N147W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N170E TO 26N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF LINE FROM 11N140W TO 14N160W TO 17N160W TO 
19N150W TO 25N150W TO 27N140W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 148W 
AND 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 25 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 
27N172E TO 27N168E TO 30N164E...AND SEAS 8 TO 16 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 30N165W TO 20N164W TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF LINE 
FROM 08N140W TO 13N164W TO 18N164W TO 19N154W TO 24N155W TO 30N150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 151W AND 168W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N156W TO 07N180W TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 180E AND 165E...FROM 04N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 172W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.