Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 03:37:33 -0600

727 
FZPN01 KWBC 110937
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU NOV 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 54N152W 960 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N153W 
TO 58N148W TO 57N141W TO 55N137W. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...360 
NM E SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 36 FT...EXCEPT N OF THE FRONT 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER WATERS N OF 43N BETWEEN 129W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 985 MB. N OF 55N BETWEEN 135W AND 
150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N173W 980 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 
163W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N153W 985 MB. FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 
137W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. OVER WATERS N OF 44N 
BETWEEN 127W AND 132W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N160E 978 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 35N TO 44N W OF 165E 
AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 49N160E TO 18N166E WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 53N W OF 171E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N175E 990 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 48N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N169W 990 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
170W AND 175E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N168W 997 MB. FROM 31N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 360 NM S OF A FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM 49N132W TO 45N150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N E OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 125W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.N OF A LINE FROM 53N179E TO 58N166W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 57N165W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N 
QUADRANT AND N OF 54N BETWEEN 167W AND 177E N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N161W 994 MB. N OF 52N BETWEEN 146W AND 
162W AND N OF 59N BETWEEN 170W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 143W AND 
152W52W AND FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 154W AND 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 131W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 38N148W 1027 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N134W 1036 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N134W 1038 MB.

.HIGH 34N137W 1028 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 41N134W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N168E 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 27N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N 
W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
FROM 03N TO 11N BETWEEN 98W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W 
OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 101W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W 
OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 101W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU NOV 11...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N86W TO 07N92W TO 
10N103W TO 09N129W TO 06N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS 
NOTED WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 102W AND 114W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF THE AXIS W OF 129W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.