Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 04:45:09 -0600

297 
FZPN40 PHFO 111045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU NOV 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 25N160E MOVING ESE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180W TO 23N170E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W...NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 176E AND 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 26N175W TO 22N177E...THENCE 
SHEARLINE TO 20N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 
25N175W TO 30N170E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF SHEARLINE W 
OF 175E.

.TROUGH FROM 30N179E TO 25N175E MOVING E SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH ABSORBED BY FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163W TO 23N170E TO 24N160E. RIDGE E OF 180W MOVING SE 
10 KT...REST OF RIDGE NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 28N140W 14N140W 15N160W 28N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 12N140W 
15N160W 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 10N E OF 160W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N145W TO 15N152W TO 10N140W AND 
BOUNDED BY 30N168W 30N153W 14N166W 18N172W 30N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
28N160E...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 
24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 15N162W TO 
10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 28 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
26N170E TO 30N165E...SEAS 8 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N163W TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 
15N165W TO 07N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 151W AND 168W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 11N155W TO 05N177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 162W AND 180W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.