Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:25:14 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 111400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/111400Z-120600ZNOV2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0N
111.1E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 12.5N 112.1E, APPROXIMATELY 370 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHEAST OF HAINAN ISLAND. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
INCREASED CENTRAL CONVECTION. AN 111135Z SSMIS MICROWAVE IMAGE
DEPICTS IMPROVED LOW LEVEL BANDING WITH DEEP CONVECTION LOCATED
ALONG THE EASTERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC. THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED IN AN
AREA OF MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (20-25 KNOTS) AND FAVORABLE
DIVERGENCE ALOFT. A NEARBY OBSERVATION INDICATES A SURFACE PRESSURE
OF 1010 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO
20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008
MB. DUE TO THE IMPROVED LLCC, HIGH SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES, AND
DIVERGENCE ALOFT, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO
FAIR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.