Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:21:40 -0600

067 
FZPN01 KWBC 111621
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU NOV 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N150W 968 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N150W 
TO 57N140W TO 50N131W TO 47N130W TO 40N135W. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 
180 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N...300 NM E...600 NM S AND 420 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 43N BETWEEN 126W AND 
154W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N169W 979 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N163W 
TO 40N166W TO 36N175W. WITHIN 180 NM N...180 NM W...300 NM S AND 
SE QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N147W 987 MB. N OF 49N BETWEEN 135W AND 
142W...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 
58N147W TO 49N152W TO 42N156W TO 41N163W TO 30N176W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N163E 980 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 169E 
AND FROM 48N TO 52N W OF 170E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 34 
FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N178W 989 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 42N169E TO 38N175W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 35 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 42N172E TO 
43N180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N165W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE...ALSO FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 173W AND 179W...AND 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF A LINE FROM 47N157W TO 36N164W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 49N BETWEEN 156W AND 
178E...ALSO FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.S OF 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 37N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 122W AND 127W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N178E 996 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 32N TO 39N BETWEEN 169E 
AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.N OF 62N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.N OF 56N W OF 158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 52N BETWEEN 167W AND 179E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N161E 1009 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N W OF 164E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE OF A LINE 
FROM 53N150W TO 47N153W TO 40N166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE OF A LINE 
FROM 45N167W TO 49N153W TO 49N134W. 

.HIGH 39N144W 1028 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N132W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N137W 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 34N137W 1029 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 27N W OF 120W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  FROM 10N TO 27N W OF 118W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 11W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 10N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W 
OF 112W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
FROM 09N TO 12N W OF 122W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 10N W OF 130W AND N OF 24N W OF 125W  NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 120W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N  NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N  NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N  NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W 
N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST   LITTLE CHANGE. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU NOV 11...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 06N92W TO 
09N104W TO 09N130W TO 07N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM 
OF AXIS W OF 102W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.