Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:45:10 -0600

338 
FZPN40 PHFO 121645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI NOV 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 25N175E TO 23N170E MOVING ESE 20 KT.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN FRONT AND 168E.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF 29N BETWEEN 175E AND 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N175W TO 21N173E.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 164W AND 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 21N179W.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N155W TO 24N170W TO 22N177W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.TROUGH FROM 07N140W TO 07N144W TO 08N153W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM N OF THE TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 02N160E TO 07N177E NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS S OF 06N W OF 172E.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 16N AND 24N E OF 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 23N W OF 
150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 20 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 28N168E TO 30N174E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 26N166E TO 
30N177E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
30N179W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 14N164W TO 
10N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 26 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 
22N172E TO 30N170W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 20N172E TO 30N167W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 14N160E TO 20N179E TO 30N162W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A 
LINE FROM 30N150W TO 12N163W TO 10N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N175W TO 
24N170W TO 30N162W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
14N170E TO 14N176W TO 30N157W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A  
LINE FROM 13N160E TO 08N174E TO 19N162W TO 10N150W TO 10N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 12N AND 16N BOUNDED BY 159W AND 
172W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.