Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:21:47 -0600

554 
ATHW40 PHFO 121821
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI NOV 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 12 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED 
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT IS CENTERED ABOUT 250 MILES WEST NORTHWEST 
OF KAUAI. THE TROUGH HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 
SEVERAL HOURS. THE MAIN CLOUD FEATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH IS 
A BROAD SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD ON THE EAST 
SIDE OF THE UPPER TROUGH. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE STREAMING ACROSS 
MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH ITS NORTHERN EDGE JUST 
BRUSHING THE ISLAND OF KAUAI. 

THE ABOVE MENTIONED HIGH CLOUDS IS HELPING TO OBSCURE THE LOW CLOUD 
COVERAGE OVER AND AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. WITH KAUAI 
HAVING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HIGH CLOUDS OVER THEM PATCHES OF LOW 
CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN OVER NORTH AND EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE ISLAND. 
LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE 
KOOLAU RANGE. PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS CAN ALSO BE SEEN OVER EASTERN 
MOLOKAI. THE HIGH CLOUDS WERE OBSCURING ALL OF LANAI AND MAUI. OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN OVER PORTIONS OF 
THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS.

UPWIND OF THE ISLANDS LIES A BROAD FIELD OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS MOVING WESTWARD IN MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.