Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:04:58 -0600

193 
FZPN01 KWBC 122204
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI NOV 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169E 1005 MB. FROM 35N TO 40N W OF 
170E...ALSO FROM 40N TO 44N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 44N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N177E 993 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W AND N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N150W 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 58N140W TO 54N136W TO 44N150W TO 40N158W TO 30N173W. WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 48N TO 55N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N174W 988 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE 
FROM 40N168E TO 40N173E TO 37N180W TO 38N172W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 34 FT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND N OF A LINE FROM 40N174E 
TO 42N180W TO 42N174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N158W 998 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...ALSO FROM 32N TO 48N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W...AND 
FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 133W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N142W 1001 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 52N144W 
TO 45N154W TO 30N162W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH 
SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N163W 987 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N BETWEEN 165W AND 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 40N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 41N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 13 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 540 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 53N144W TO 38N166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 
162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 540 NM S OF A LINE FROM 
47N158W TO 56N131W. 

.HIGH 43N128W 1039 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N137W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N140W 1040 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175E 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N168W 1026 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N160E 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 14.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 11N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W 
OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N AND W OF A LINE FROM 12N130W TO 
30N122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE 
AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N129W. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 
120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 102W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N107W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N109W 1011 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W S TO SW
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI NOV 12...
.TROUGH FROM 08N108W TO 14N105W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 
NM E OF AXIS.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N83W TO LOW NEAR 
08N87W TO 11N105W TO 11N120W TO 09N138W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 120 NM W QUADRANT OF LOW. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED 
WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 120W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 134W AND 138W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.