Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:45:11 -0600

569 
FZPN40 PHFO 122245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI NOV 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N175E THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N162E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 173E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45 NM OF FRONT 
N OF 26N...AND N OF 27N BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 22N180E TO 20N170E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 21N179W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 21N177W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.TROUGH FROM 08N140W TO 07N149W STATIONARY.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 06N175E TO 03N168E TO 03N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.  
ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS S OF 06N W OF 172E.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 14N AND 24N E OF 151W...AND FROM 14N TO 
18N BETWEEN 151W AND 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 15N E OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 16N E OF 150W...AND FROM 
23N TO 30N BETWEEN 150W AND 156W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 165E.  SEAS 13 TO 17 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 26N170E TO 26N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 21N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT N OF 13N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 25 FT N WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N170E 
23N180E 23N174E 30N171E.  SEAS 9 TO 17 FT ELSEWHERE N AND W 30N165W 
TO 17N175E TO 17N160E.  SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF 13N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 18 FT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N157W 
15N175W 15N175E 30N175E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 10N152W TO 22N160W TO 09N177W TO 09N170E TO 18N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 15N BOUNDED BY 163W AND 
177W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N146W TO 09N159W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.