Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:30:13 -0600

096 
ATHW40 PHFO 130030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 13 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHWEST ORIENTED 
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH THAT IS CENTERED A COUPLE OF HUNDRED MILES WEST 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE TROUGH HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE 
PAST SEVERAL HOURS. THE MAIN CLOUD FEATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS 
TROUGH IS A BROAD SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS STREAMING NORTHEASTWARD ON 
THE EAST SIDE OF THE UPPER TROUGH. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE STREAMING 
ACROSS MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WITH ITS NORTHERN EDGE 
MOVING OVER THE ISLAND OF OAHU. THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THESE CIRRUS 
CLOUDS HAS BEEN SHIFTING SLOWLY SOUTHWARD OVER THE PAST SEVERAL 
HOURS.

THE ABOVE MENTIONED HIGH CLOUDS IS HELPING TO OBSCURE THE LOW CLOUD 
COVERAGE OVER AND AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. WITH KAUAI 
BEING NEARLY FREE OF HIGH CLOUDS OVER THEM PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS CAN 
BE SEEN OVER NORTH AND EAST FACING SLOPES AS WELL AS INTERIOR 
SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND. OTHERWISE THE HIGH CLOUDS IS MAKING IS 
DIFFICULT TO SEE LOW CLOUDS BENEATH THEM BUT SURFACE OBSERVATIONS 
INDICATE THAT THERE IS A TYPICAL WINDWARD AND MAUKA DISTRIBUTION OF 
LOW CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS. 

JUST UPWIND OF THE ISLANDS LIES TWO AREAS OF SHOWERY LOOKING CLOUDS. 
THE FIRST IS A SMALL CLUSTER OF CLOUDS THAT LIES JUST TO THE 
SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. ON ITS CURRENT TRACK MOST OF THESE 
CLOUD SHOULD PASS SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH THE NORTHERN EDGE 
POSSIBLY REACHING THE KAU COAST. A SECOND AREA IS A WEST NORTHWEST 
THROUGH EAST SOUTHEAST BAND OF SHOWERY LOOKING CLOUDS. THIS BAND OF 
CLOUDS IS GENERALLY MOVING TOWARD THE WEST WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ITS 
WEST END WHERE CLOUDS ARE MOVING MORE TOWARD THE NORTHWEST ROUNDING 
A SURFACE RIDGE TO OUR NORTH. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.