Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:44:59 -0600

120 
FZPN01 KWBC 130344
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT NOV 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N171E 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N W OF 177E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 47N W 
OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N179E 993 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
W AND N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 167W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N152W 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 59N141W TO 56N135W TO 49N131W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF THE FRONT 
FROM 49N TO 56N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 420 NM AND 1140 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
15 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N170W 986 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 47N143W TO 45N154W TO 
30N170W...AND 420 NM SE...1200 NM SW....480 NM NW AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT 17 TO 34 
FT IN SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1380 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N155W 1000 MB. WITHIN 1260 NM S...720 NM 
E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 162W TO 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N138W 1000 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 52N133W TO 49N146W TO 30N162W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N162W 989 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 165W AND 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 122W AND 131W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 134W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 
134W AND 144W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 540 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 55N136W TO 42N165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 
162W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 480 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N132W TO 42N163W. 

.HIGH 40N132W 1038 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N138W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N140W 1038 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N176E 1030 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N170W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 15.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 11N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED N AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 12N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 09N TO 22N W OF 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N W OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 
130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 10N109W 1012 MB. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 102W AND 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N110W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N110W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N 
BETWEEN 105W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED 
SW AND NW SWELL.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT NOV 13...
.LOW PRES NEAR 08N87W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM W 
QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 07N88W TO 06N93W TO 
LOW NEAR 10N109W TO 10N124W TO 09N129W TO 11N139W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 120W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF AXIS W OF 
133W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.